Simulated Stone Impact Testing
New automotive applications for plastic and composite materials are being introduced which can expose critical components to road hazards and flying debris. Stone impact tests are designed to evaluated the performance of finished components to these hazards.
Gravity driven 'Drop Tests' are not capable of providing projectile energies to the levels that can be encountered from road hazards. A powered projectile launcher is required.
RAETECH's Simulated Stone Impact Tester is designed to provided projectile energies ramping up to 50 joules. Launch energies are computer controlled. Impacts can be accurately and repeatedly targeted. Evaluations can be made of materials, material conditions, and part geometries. The test chamber has a T-slot system for fixturing parts.
- Projectile Energy: up to 50 Joules, Velocity: 150 km/hr
- Custom Projectile Shapes Available
- Test Chamber Size: 30" (0.76m) wide, 32" (0.81m) deep, 32" (0.81m) tall
- High Speed Video Capture of Impact Events
- Oil Sump Impact Testing (OSIT)
- Front Engine Covers
- Radiator Air Shutter Impact Testing
Projectile Energy Examples
- Steel Ball
- Aluminum Ball - (Aluminum has a similar density to Granite)
For more Information about Testing Services Please Contact:
4750 Venture Dr. Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Tel: 734-665-2215 Fax: 734-665-2626